[mythtv-users] another scheduling strangeness/question

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Tue Aug 31 20:30:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 02:32:43PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> It all comes down to the question, "are you getting the shows you
> want recorded," and if the answer is, "No," then it likely means you
> need more capture devices--not better listings data***.

Actually, during the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs round 1 I missed several
recordings because the listings data was available from the carrier
(Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic) and not updated on TMS/Schedules Direct.
My capture device was idle at the time the recordings would have run.

I opened tickets when I noticed the listing issues, but because of turnaround
times and the short window to correct the listings it didn't matter.

Unfortunately TMS/Schedules Direct seems to be the only game in town for us
in the USA using cable with MythTV.

So I would say, if you are missing recordings better listings data would
help a lot.  Especially more responsive listings data that tracked short
turnaround events like live sports playoff games where the data on if
a game will be played is decided only 2 or 3 days out.

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?