[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Unable to Fetch channels (on one source only)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 31 18:16:44 UTC 2010

  On 08/31/2010 10:56 AM, Jim Morton wrote:
> Okay, looks like the Fetch option is not good for OTA. I have scanned
> for channels and gotten them all setup.

It does not work for video from scannable digital sources since there
isn't enough information in the listings to tune digital channels.  (The
only exceptions to the "analog only" rule being "unscannable" digital
sources--i.e. Firewire and HDHR Prime (and only the Prime).)  Therefore,
MythTV ignores a request to fetch channels from listings source for
scannable digital channels so you don't end up with duplicate channels.

Mike