[mythtv-users] Upnp, dlna, interval Upnp updates on multicast 239.255.255.250 port 1900

Ole Rydahl ole_rydahl at qp12.dk
Sun Aug 29 19:24:43 UTC 2010

[Ole Rydahl:]
Thanks! Yes I have restarted and on restart a Upnp announcement is sent out as expected - but refreshed only every 30 minutes. A soon as the client (the TV set) knows about the mythtv backend from the Upnp announcement (multicast) everything (almost!) works like a charm. I think Raymond Wagner is spot on when he points out that the “Upnp Media Update Time” setting is for other purposes then the one I am looking for.

Now, in worst case - after power up of the TV-set - I have to wait for 30 minutes before the TV-set is finally informed of the MythTV backends presence by the Upnp multicast. Routers and Windows running Upnp/dlna seems to do an announcement (multicast) every 10 minutes. I would like to have my MythTV backend do it - say every 5 minutes.