[mythtv-users] Beware myth.find_orphans.pl on 0.23

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 05:27:23 UTC 2010

Just a cautionary note.  I am using the debian-multimedia repositories and in the course of sorting out some seek table issues decided I'd run myth.find_orphans.pl  There was no doubt in my mind a few orphans existed, so I ran the script.

Baaad mistake.  I did not pay attention to what the script was telling me and it deleted all of my recordings because it determined all of my recordings were orphans.  Maybe it does work and my option-foo is bad.

Totally my fault. But it didn't detect an orphan from a good recording.

You have been warned.

The 0.23 in Debian-multimedia is even better!

Michael