[mythtv-users] Anyone out there got 0.23 working on OpenSUSE 11.3?

john blue rwc at bestpond.com
Fri Aug 27 22:13:45 UTC 2010

Hi Gordon,

On Saturday 28 August 2010 04:34:05 Gordon McCrae wrote:
>   I've been working on upgrading my MythTV infrastructure to 0.23 on the
> latest openSUSE 11.3 build.
>
> I can get MythTV itself working fine from YAST, but can't get the xmltv
> grabbers installed, they're not packaged for 11.3/

> Similarly, if I drop back to openSUSE 11.2, I can get xmltv grabbers
> installed fine with a 1-Click-Install, but can't get the 0.23 stuff to
> install; the 1-Click-Install fails, and YAST doesn't show 0.23 as being
> available, only 0.21 and 0.22!
>
> Has anyone out there worked around this, or indeed did anyone else do
> exactly this without problem which might indicate I'm missing something
> obvious.

I have a FE/BE and a slave backend all running mythtv 0.23 on opensuse 11.3. These are simply the standard builds of
mythtv from packman.  I had previously upgraded through the versions 11 of opensuse.

I am in Australia and so have a different need for grabbers, we have a local program called Shepherd which stll needs
xmltv to grab all the program data.

I ended up resolving the xmltv requirements from the opensuse build service installing perl-xmltv 0.5.56-1.2 using one
click install.

the only issue I still have is trying to use the soundgraph imon-pad remote, but that's another story.I may have to give
in here and use an MCE.

Hope this helps
Best wishes,
John