[mythtv-users] Webmin is borked

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:29:10 UTC 2010

Okay, fixed it.

Listen up:  First, for some reason php5 wasn't being loaded.  I added a
line to httpd.conf:

      LoadModule php5_module    extramodules/mod_php5.so

Restart httpd and viola, php5 is loading.  That was the first thing I
fixed.  I have no idea why it wasn't loading to begin with.  But I was
still getting:

*     Warning* at
/var/www/html/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/_errors/db_vars_error.php,
line 23:
       require(modules/_shared/tmpl/tmpl/header.php) [function.require
<http://pvr/mythweb/function.require>]: failed to open stream: No such
file or
       directory

So next, in /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf you will see a block of code
that is:

<Directory "/var/www/html/data">
         Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/html" >

This all looks fine.  The first line reflects the directory structure
that does, in fact, exist.  Trouble is, it points to the wrong place for
the stuff mythweb uses.

I installed mythweb under /var/www/html/mythweb.  This is the second
option suggested by the instructions in the docs (remember, I compiled
from source).  The first option is to install under /var/www/html --
essentially, you just dump all the files found in the /mythweb directory
into the /html directory.  I didn't do that for what I think are good
reasons, but moving on....

The first and last statements in the block of code quoted above actually
need to point to:

<Directory "/var/www/html/mythweb">

I'd still like to make Mythweb available to me over the Internet, but I
don't dare mess with this thing again.

Thanks for the help all.  I'm going to get some rest before work.

Mark