[mythtv-users] OpenGL renderer with Intel graphics

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 27 05:07:19 UTC 2010

On 2010-08-26, at 11:51 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:

> On your system the correct opengl support is there for fragment
> programs so the renderer will be using them - but they just aren't
> fast enough. There is however an alternative fallback on Intel cards.
> If you try adding opengloptions=nofrag to the filter section of your
> playback proffile, it should drop back to using a specific video
> related extension

Wow, that did it. Thanks! Sorry about the playback screwup - I changed the launch script and then neglected to restart the frontend. Duh!

How do you know the fragment guys are too slow? You're obviously correct but when I run intel's intel_gpu_top utility it seems to say the various units are working at ~ 20% of capacity. Also, the "ring" is 60% idle, whatever that means. Even without the nofrag it was similar.

Anyway, having the OSD render at the display's native resolution is beautiful. I'll give it a rigorous shakedown over the next few days but so far it's looking good. Thank you!

- George