[mythtv-users] Recovering from a nasty crash

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Thu Aug 26 23:26:22 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----

From: Dale E. Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net>
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Thu, Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm
Subject: [mythtv-users] Recovering from a nasty crash

I've not had a whole lot of luck with the myth orphans script.  The last two times I've tried using it it essentially wiped out ALL of
my recordings - none of which were orphaned.

If you are going to try using this script I would suggest backing up the myth directory just in case.  You said you have a mysql backup, so
between that and the myth directory backup you could get things back to somewhat normal operations.