[mythtv-users] OpenGL renderer with Intel graphics

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Aug 26 19:47:56 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm having trouble using the opengl renderer with my intel graphics system (G33 hardware) and am canvassing for experiences or pointers before I break open a debugger.

Basically, it don't work. No matter what sort of video I play, MPEG2 TV recordings or Xvid/H.264 videos, I don't get a picture. Sound is OK, the OSD is OK, subtitles come up OK but no video. For some recordings I get a steady stream of log messages saying it's 3.0xxxxx frames behind and dropping but even if I pause and forward a frame at a time there's still no picture. Fast forwarding doesn't show anything either so I don't think it's because of frames being dropped to keep in sync with audio.

Should this work? Is anyone using the opengl renderer with intel?

The system is a core2 duo with 64 bit debian testing and myth svn from this morning which was around 2586x ish.

I can guess that either the texture isn't receiving the decoded frame or it isn't being scaled and stamped to the screen correctly but taking it even one level lower than that is over my head.

- George