[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and receiver sale

Jeff Artz jeffa.myth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:16:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> On 8/25/10 1:02 PM, Tyler T wrote:
>
>> Pity it has that ugly Windows button right in the center.  Blech.
>>>

>> I had the same feeling when I first got my MCE remote for my Myth FE.
>> However, every time I press it now, I feel better knowing that I'm
>> subverting the Windows logo for something that Microsoft hates... like
>> throwing darts at a photo of someone you dislike. Thunk! :)
>>

> I don't know about this specific remote, but I seem to recall that on other
> media center remotes the logo is just a sticker, and can be removed or
> replaced with something more appropriate. (I think somebody was using the
> Tux logo.)

I don't have this exact remote, but have an MCE remote with the clear
button, and I replaced the MS logo with a MythTV logo.  To do this, I
printed out the MythTV logo (really tiny!) until I got it small enough to
fit, then cut it out and put it in place. ;-)

The biggest pain is carefully opening the remote without marring it up as
it's a 'snap-together' unit like most are these days...

J-e-f-f-A