[mythtv-users] initial delay and need to select a recorded program twice

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 25 22:50:40 UTC 2010

Kevin Robbins wrote:
> Hey all - I have a strange problem that I cant seem to get any insight on...
> I'm running a Myth BE and 4 FE system using .21. I put it together roughly a
> year ago.
>
> Recently for no apparent reason all FE units have this really long delay
> when I select PLAY on a recorded item or select LIVE TV.
> About 80% of the time after roughly 10 seconds of black screen it goes back
> to the recorded program list where if I select play again its instant and
> works perfect as usual. The other 20% of the time it manages to play the
> program after an excessively (10 seconds) long black screen delay.
>
> Logs seem to show nothing...Anyone ever seen this or have some hints?

I noticed similar on my 0.22 mbe/fe. It never kicked backed to the menu
but did take several seconds to play the selection.
I could fix it "the windows way", restarting the box. Fix was only
temporary and after a week or two response time dwindled.
I chalked it up to the phantom BE 'memory leak' that has been posted
about over the years.