[mythtv-users] ANN: PlugMyth, a new MythTV distribution for Plug computers

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Aug 25 18:47:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 12:28 -0600, Tyler T wrote:

> Yes necessarily. A 5w tuner draws 5w from a PCI slot;

When the BE is running.

> a 5w tuner draws
> 5w from a Plug.

I thought you were using some sort of external (to the plug) tuner which
would be on 24x7 since you can't suspend it.

> Hence, a fixed cost for any MythTV installation.

Not when you can power the tuner down when not using it.

> This is getting pedantic. I think we've both made our points, is it
> really necessary to debate minutiae?

Well, I'd just be interested in actual numbers from your end.  I
provided the numbers from my end.

> 500GB. (1TB drives are also available.)

Cool.  But as has been said in this thread, you really don't want your
recordings and database on the same drive.

> By definition a Plug is a small system that can't handle a lot of
> recording, so I think we're going to be ok. ;) Still, there's nothing
> to prevent you from putting multiple spindles on one Plug computer.

And increasing the power draw -- power draw that you cannot inhibit by
suspending.

b.