[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and receiver sale

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Aug 25 15:41:51 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 09:32:35 am Tom Lichti wrote:at also
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880101003&nm_mc=EMC-
> > IGNEFL082510CA&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL082510CA-_-EMC-082510-Index-_-UniversalRe
> > motes-_-80101003-L0G
>
> Awesome, thanks! I have two of those already, I bought what I thought
> was a third a couple months ago, but it was slightly different (the
> key layout is different, and the USB receiver is not supported in LIRC
> yet) so I just ordered another one of these since I know it works
> perfectly.

If you just want the remote, without the receiver, Radio Shack sells a similar unit (15-133) that also has preset modes
for an XBox-360, PS2 as well as MCE. It's about $19.95 I think.

Not a great unit, some buttons are small, but it works well. It also has learning ability, I use it for my HiSense TV set
that's almost impossible to find a pre-programmed remote for.