[mythtv-users] Corrupted bottom line of pixels

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Aug 24 07:43:06 UTC 2010

On 24/08/2010 03:19, David Asher wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 7:58 PM, Scott Steffens wrote:
>
>> FWIW, this is not an nVidia-only issue... I'm late to this thread but am experiencing this issue, too.
>>
>> At first my problem was more extreme -- the green stripe at the bottom of the image, usually flashing and distorted -- but it would also split my video in two identical images and put one on top of the other (stretched). This was with a brand new AMD 635, with an ATI onboard graphics card hooked to a monitor through a DVI interface, running a fully updated MythBuntu, using an HD-PVR. And this was using the "CPU+" or "CPU++" profile. When I changed the profile to "High Quality" the split screen problem went away but the green band continues. I don't know if the two problems are related.
>>
>> Other notes:
>> I only get the problem with 1080 recordings -- no problem with 720.
>> I only experience the problem when viewing with MythTV -- the same video plays perfectly if I play it in VLC or mplayer.
>> I have the same green band problem when viewing these recordings on my Mac mythfrontend, but not the split-screen problem.
>
> Does the green line go away if you turn off the deinterlacers (or force video scan to detect propgressive)?

Perhaps then there are three different forms of this problem.
Setting progressive makes no difference here either. So maybe
we have

1) Solid colour corrupted line associated with HD-PVR.

2) Four repeats of a pattern, that I see, and maybe no one else.

3) A corrupted bottom line that goes away when setting playback
to progressive.

Paul.