[mythtv-users] US Pay-TV loses subscribers for the first time ever

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Aug 23 20:11:30 UTC 2010

OMG, Apple is coming out with a thingy to let me watch TV over the internet?

WOW -- that's amazing! That's got to be the most amazing thing ever. It's going to forever
change TV.. Yea! I'm gonna have to go out right away and buy one... like right now.
Cause it'll be the best thing ever. Yea. Cause it's Apple. Yea... I mean. It'll probably be limited
in some myriad of drastic ways, but that's ok cause it's Apple. yea.. and I'll be blissfully ignorant and happy!

  (sound familiar?)

Until I show my friends who explain to me that USB and SD are missing and MythTV has been around
forever (in computer time).

Hehe.

I'm glad to see the Cable Companies are getting spanked a little. At least they'll feel good about
investing in all that extra encryption for DTV so they could tick off even MORE customers.

:D

  -Ben

p.s. the news in Chicago highlighted people waiting hours in line to get into the downtown Apple store to pick up the new version iPhone.
Adequate words escape me.