[mythtv-users] the correct way to prefer a (i.e. digital) tuner

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Aug 22 22:41:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 15:38 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Do the capture card portion of
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (and do
> /not/ do the video sources portion)

So basically, "Delete all capture cards", yes?

Then re-add them and then re-connect their inputs to sources, yes?

> Note, too, that it's actually the order you connect the inputs that's
> important--not the order you add the capture cards.  (Capture card order
> affects Live TV, but input order affects recordings.)

Ahhh.  This is subtle but important!  Assuming I want to prefer the
analog cards for Live TV but the digital inputs for recordings, then
when I add the cards back I want to add the analog cards first, but when
I connect the inputs, I want to connect the digital inputs first?

b.