[mythtv-users] Slave back end setup commercial flagging

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 04:42:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm considering setting up a slave back end to just do commercial flagging.
>
> Also this slave back end will be running in a Xen domU environment.
> Will this work?
>
> Are there any good howto for setting up slave environments?
>
> I've found this
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.24 but it doesn't
> go into much detail about setup.
>
> Example:
> How does the slave machine scan the video for flagging?
>
> I have all mpeg2 OTA recordings.  Is this done with an NFS mount of my
> recordings directory?  Or is it done via a network stream?

You don't need to try to set up a slave backend.  You can use
mythjobqueue instead.  First run mythtv-setup to configure what kinds
of jobs the machine can do (e.g. commflagging) and how many
simultaneous jobs it can handle.  Then arrange for mythjobqueue to
always be running, such as starting it at boot time.  The content can
be delivered by the myth network stream, so no NFS mounting is needed.

Jim