[mythtv-users] uPnP and VLC Passed MythTV Testing?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 22 04:06:33 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] uPnP and VLC Passed MythTV Testing?

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>

 (I don't mind adding a ppa).

For 10.04 I did this:

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=how+to+install+vlc+ubuntu+10.04&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en-GB___NZ345

First Hit:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-ubuntu.html

Command line way
You need to check that a universe mirror is listed in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

% sudo apt-get update
% sudo apt-get install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
Worked fine for me.   YMMV.