[mythtv-users] Issues with 2 video cards on Slimline 2030n/Ubuntu 10.04

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Sat Aug 21 20:08:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 07:07:24PM -0600, Tyler T wrote:

> Anyway, there's a slider for "Overscan Compensation" under "GPU 0 -
> (GeForce 8400 GS)" -> "TV-0 - (TV-0)". I found '50' to be a good
> setting -- be aware the overscan will be different when displaying
> lots of white vs when displaying lots of black, so it will never be
> perfect unless you only display featureless gray images. ;)

Ah yes! I was looking entirely in the wrong place. (FWIW, it does appear
when I run nvidia-settings on my LCD, in addition to when I run it on
the TV.)

For me, overscan seems best set around 86. All is working now. Thanks so
much.

> After you get this set, you'll need to go into "nvidia-settings
> Configuration" on the bottom of the left pane and "Save Current
> Configuration" which will put am nvidia-settings-rc file in your home
> directory; you will subsequently need to load this file on X startup
> with an "nvidia-settings -l" command in your .xinitrc file prior to
> your window manager being loaded.

I wouldn't have known to do that, but now I have.

Thanks again,
Jessica