[mythtv-users] trunk issue

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat Aug 21 14:15:40 UTC 2010

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:01 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:
>

>> I've seen this happen in 0.23-fixes when the MythXML/http server is
>> "overstressed"--i.e. I can cause it on demand by deleting all the PNG
>> thumbnails from my backend servers and then going to the MythWeb Recorded
>> Programs page (and it will fail after some huge number of previews are
>> generated).  Unfortunately, I haven't looked into tracking it down since
>> I've been busy with other stuff and (at least on my system) it's easy enough
>> to avoid triggering it by not doing that.

I can assure you this happens in -fixes r25777 as well and has been an issue
for me since somewhere around r25000.  Whenever a commflagging job ends or
the end of a show hits on live TV I get socket errors and I have to restart
both my backends (2).  Surprisingly, the frontends now connect automatically
in r25777.  They never would in previous versions, but I still lose whatever
was recording on other tuners.