[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Aug 20 18:56:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>  The big problem is most people could care less,and there isn't enough home
> brew guys like us to hurt their bottom line...

This is what bugs me most about the anti-circumvention legislation.  I
wish it worked like burglars' tools laws, where using such tools to
commit a crime increases the penalty for the crime, but using the
tools for something which isn't illegal (e.g. picking the lock when
you've locked your keys in your own car) isn't illegal.

The tools exist.  People who want to use them to do illegal things are
going to get them, laws or not.  The only people hurt by the
anti-circumvention laws are people who want to be legit.

Eric