[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Aug 20 17:07:48 UTC 2010

On Friday, August 20, 2010 11:01:37 am mike at grounded.net wrote:
> It's on the lan side so no firewalls or routers are in play. Plus, I can
> see the NMT as a UPnP device  from some of the workstations but don't see
> the mythtv server.

From the MythTV WiKi: ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UPnP )

Make sure you have a route for 239.0.0.0/8 out your lan nic BEFORE mythbackend
starts (route add -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth0). It seems it won't work if you add
the route later.

Though I never did this and had no problems. I guess, as usual, YMMV. This
info may be out of date, and probably depends on the specific OS and its
network setup.

Certainly couldn't hurt to try it.