[mythtv-users] Combined Atom FE/BE /w GT220 ?

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:17:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> On 19/08/2010 12:29, Steve Anthony wrote:
>>
>> My primary system which is a Zotac ION board, the Audio gives me allot
>> of issues.. It'll be working fine for weeks then all of a sudden the
>> sound, using SPDIF output, to my receiver or even if I use the HDMI
>> output, gets real choppy.  Not sure why that happens.
>
> I too have audio problems with a Zotac ION board. It's mostly ok for TV,
> but unusuable for music because of distortion. Tracks start off fine,
> but as soon as any bass comes in, I can hear distortion from clipping.
> I know it isn't elsewhere in my setup because the distortion is
> independent of the volume setting on my AV Receiver, and is also present
> if I connect the ION directly to the TV.
>
> I've had a few problem with other boards, but I hoped that I'd be free
> from problems with an ION board because it's one of the most commonly
> used for MythTv.
>
> I guess it could be a config problem, but I'm using Minimyth, so that's
> all done for me.
>
> And while on problems with ION boards, on the video side I get this:
> http://unlock.glidos.net/tmp/MythCorruption.jpg
> Anyone else see this problem with the bottom line? I still haven't
> managed to find out if anyone else has the same problem, so it could
> be a faulty board.

I should note that I only use analog audio on mine, so that may be a
culprit in your setup. i do not see a corrupted bottom line like that
in any of my recordings/playback.

I don't listen to music all that often. but again I use analog stereo
out, and have not noticed any issues with clipping when I do listen to
music.

Tom