[mythtv-users] Issues with 2 video cards on Slimline 2030n/Ubuntu 10.04

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Wed Aug 18 21:47:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 02:29:17PM -0700, Clay wrote:

> Rumor is, current nvidia drivers support adjusting overscan. I
> haven't tried it (if it's fixed, don't break it) so I dunno.
> iirc, the overscan is so bad can't even see the whole
> nvidia-settings GUI to play with it on the frontend.

Since I have two screens, it seems that I should be able to run
nvidia-settings on the LCD monitor (which works fine) and adjust the
TV-0 overscan that way... But I was unable to find any sort of overscan
adjustment in nvidia-settings when I was playing with this yesterday.

> I work around it by running myth in a window on the frontend.

Yeah, this is my current workaround too -- annoying but not show
stopping.

Thanks,
Jessica