[mythtv-users] Frontend cant connect to backend (packman 0.23)

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 18 18:09:15 UTC 2010

________________________________
From: Michael Harnden <mike at rochestervball.com>
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Wed, August 18, 2010 1:52:25 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Frontend cant connect to backend (packman 0.23)

Quoting Scott Smith <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net>:

> Hi all,
>
> I did an update recently to the latest packman rpm's for all of the myth
> packages. Things seemed to go very wrong after the update.
> The first problems seemed like the configuration path changed and I had to
> resetup things like tuners and appearance.
>
> But the worst problem is that i cant connect to the backend even though it
>seems
> to be running. Ive looked at the /var/log/mythbackend.log and there are no
> obvious errors. Ive been over the IP and the ports are all defaults. Im
stumped
> whats going wrong.
>
> Scott

Have you tried starting the frontend from the command line? This should show you
where your problem is, or least point you in the right direction.
Mike

Yes, everything looks good and then it starts sending the messages about the ip
being incorrect or the backend being hosed. I will post the messages when i have
access to the pc again.
I guess its also important to state im running the backend and frontend on the
same machine in this case.