[mythtv-users] Crystal HD

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed Aug 18 16:46:37 UTC 2010

>I bought a few from them, worked flawless. Ever heard from someone
>it was a problem or is it hearsay ?
>

>Scott wrote userspace portions of the driver and the XBMC support--
>I daresay he's probably a trustworthy authority on which cards have
>issues ;)
>

>Is there anyway to verify when I purchase I'm getting the 70015?

There is only one flavor of bcm70015, see the picture on the
logicsupply website.

There are two flavors of bcm70012, for new layout, see the picture on
the logicsupply web site. The old layout ones have a large black
heatsink tape covering the entire component side of the card.

And yes, I have all three types and we have had to do some strange
things to even support old layout cards that have good DRAM. And no,
there's no way to programically tell the difference between new and
old layout cards, some old layout cards will have a pci subsystem id
of 2616 but not all have that.