[mythtv-users] Combined Atom FE/BE /w GT220 ?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 16:03:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM, James Harris
> <james.harris555 at live.co.uk> wrote:
>> * Ditch the Atom dream, buy the lowest clock AMD or Intel CPU with a Mini-ITX board with a proper x16 slot, accept slightly higher power usage for guaranteed performance and flexibility.
>
> The 45w sempron w/cpu freq scaling probably actually weighs in right
> about the same power-usage wise as the atom, so long as the cpu is
> idle most of the time (which if you're not doing commflagging and
> using vdpau for playback, probably would be the case).

Jarod,

How do these chips work for doing commflagging?  I don't need real
time, but I would like something reasonable.  I have a Athlon 3100+
right now, so that is my point of comparison.

Also, do you know of any motherboards that take this chip and also
have built in graphics capable of VDPAU?  I am guessing most AMD based
boards that have built-in graphics use ATI GPUs, but just checking.