[mythtv-users] HDhomerun antenna borked

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 16 17:42:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> On 8/15/10 10:16 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>> What I see now when I fire up live TV is that I never get a picture or
>> sound; it hangs displaying
>>
>> Signal XX% (TI__) No Lock
>>

> That's odd. Unless I'm totally misremembering, I see LAMGV (or some portion
> thereof) as it's tuning. Are you sure you have the tuner settings configured
> correctly? Are you sure it's set for ATSC?

Same story here... I get LAMGV as it's tuning.  I think something is
mis-configured.

Once you have verified that everything is configured properly, if you still
get a strong signal but no lock, verify that there is nothing highly
reflective to RF near the antenna (neighbor's house got a new metal roof for
example), and that your antenna COAX isn't run close to and/or parallel with
other cables that may be inducing noise.  Finally, swap out any splitters,
baluns, or amplifiers in your antenna path... often when one of these fail,
they cause very high amounts of noise that prevents any chance of locking
onto a channel.

I have seen all of these things completely "bork" a previously working
antenna install.

But before you go crazy, make sure the tuner is configured correctly in
myth... the "(TI__)" seems odd to me.