[mythtv-users] tmdb.pl for 0.20

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 15 19:21:26 UTC 2010

  On 08/15/2010 02:50 PM, JCA wrote:
> Anybody got a version of tmdb.pl that works correctly? In particular,
> under 0.20? I have one that used to work correctly until a few months
> ago, but not any more. For instance, it seems to be unable to retrieve
> posters for movies; the only thing that I get are poster files with
> the following contents

> <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
>
> Like I said, this started to happen a few months ago.
>
> I know that I should upgrade to a more recent MythTV version, but if I
> shut down our MythTV box for even one day my baby daughter will kill
> me.

Should be able to get an upgrade to 0.23 finished in under a day...  ;)

For real, though, 0.20 is /old/.  0.23 no longer uses tmdb.pl, which
uses an old API for themoviedb.org.  And, really, you need the
improvements in MythVideo's handling of the data returned by the script
(and ability to handle redirects) to get the data properly.

Got another computer you can install Mythbuntu on and start configuring
it so that it's an easy switchover?

Mike