[mythtv-users] 16:9 and european sdtv WSS signal

Roger Mårtensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 16:52:27 UTC 2010

  Hi!

I finally solved this making it a user configuration error. Thanks to
nick for getting me thinking.

So what did I do wrong?

One setting was set to the wrong value. The setting was located in
Setup/TV Setting/Playback on the setting page 2.
It is named "Zoom". I had it set to Off and not to Auto Detect(Default Off).

The thing I was doing wrong was thinking that "Off" had to be the same
as Auto Detect. In my brain I never ever thought that Off ment that it
would do no Zoom at all.

Since it worked for for my digital(also 720x576) broadcast I thought
this was the correct setting. And since a the settings isn't a
"Drop-down box" I never saw that Auto Detect was just to the left(I
thought Off was the first in the list).

Maybe Off should be renamed to something like "Never ever do any zoom".