[mythtv-users] MyMote Issue

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 23:36:01 UTC 2010

I'm running MythTV separate BE/FE from Avenard repos, updated to the latest
version as of today.  I also have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0 running.  The
MyMote app was working fine.  But after an upgrade to Myth (I'm not sure
which version), the app sits at the "Connecting..." screen.  I can select
which backend I want to use.  MyMote even discovers "mythbackend.local" (I'm
assuming through Avahi).  If I click on "mythbackend.local", it goes to the
next screen which is a list of available FE's.  I have a FE installed on the
BE (that I never use) and the FE that I always use (hometheater).  I have
confirmed that I can telnet into the FE using 6546 port.  Did something in
the app break, or did an update break the compatibility with the app?
Thanks for the help, and the awesome free apps!!

Jim