[mythtv-users] suspend/resume: lost connection to backend

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Aug 14 11:59:40 UTC 2010

On 14/08/2010 7:13 AM, Mark Campbell-Smith wrote:
> Bill Meek wrote:
> /> It /sounds/ like you have separate frontend and backend boxes.  If so,
> > note that the General section of 9.1 in the HOWTO says, in part:/
>
> Hi Bill,
> Thanks for the response, but as I wrote, both my backend and front end
> are combined into the same unit... that is why I use 127.0.0.1, and I
> currently do not have any other front ends connecting to the master
> backend...
>
> Any other ideas?
Update anything else on these boxes lately?

Is mythbackend actually listening?
     netstat -tunap | grep 'mythbackend'
or
     lsof -i | grep 'mythbackend'

I haven't looked at the pm-suspend scripts in a long while, but are they
perhaps unloading some required modules and not reloading them in
time/at all?

Cheers,

Andrew.