[mythtv-users] Episode numbers in MythTV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 04:37:26 UTC 2010

On 12 August 2010 13:00, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 August 2010 12:53, Glenn Sommer <glemsom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, I am using the dk_dr grabber.
>> I'm using the latest version:
>> http://xmltvdk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltvdk/trunk/tv_grab_dk_dr
>>
>> Besides of some utf8 issues, the tv_validate_file seems to accept the
>> XML file...
>
> I know... I'll have a look at XMLTV.pm and see what's considered valid
> and what's not - it's been a while since I've looked at it.

Checking the snippet with tv_validate_file from the current stable
release of XMLTV (0.5.57) gives:

$ tv_validate_file badep.xml
Line 8 Invalid episode-number '2/2'
1 error found.

The episode-num validation step requires the format I mentioned
earlier in the thread. Your data does not validate.

The cause of your problems seems to be the fact you are not using the
official XMLTV dk_dr grabber. This was added back to the XMLTV project
in April 2010 after an xmltvdk dk_dr developer (Thomas Horsten)
graciously allowed his 3rd party grabber to be used as a replacement
for the broken "official" dk_dr grabber. The official version of the
grabber outputs the periods to separate the series, episode and part
numbering, although only episode number/total information is provided.

I suggest you change to the offical grabber, or at least use a grabber
that generates valid XMLTV output, as this is what MythTV imports.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott