[mythtv-users] HDPVR and lirc_zilog assistance

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Fri Aug 13 12:18:54 UTC 2010

 From the wiki page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HD-PVR

Following the "Compile LIRC Modules for IR Transmitter Support " steps
and it seems I'm close but I feel like a blind man here. I don't know
what I'm doing.

My Streamzap remote has stopped working and the lirc_zilog won't seem to
load on a reboot.

Questions -

At step 4 it says "If you have other lirc devices on this box you'll
need to download and compile updated drivers for them as well. Copy the
needed source to this working folder..." Okay, there was already
'lirc_streamzap.c' in this directory, it came with the
"hdpvr-blaster-drivers.tar.gz", so I assumed I was good to go. Am I
missing something here? My remote worked up to the point of following
these instructions so I must have borked it somehow. But re-reading this
a hundred times has not getting me there.

After I 'modprobe lirc_zilog', dmesg shows it is loaded. But then If I
reboot dmesg has no mention of it. Is 'modprobe' supposed to load things
permanently?

I haven't even started on the "Steps to enable IR transmitter" yet. It
says to install LIRC for my distribution. Shouldn't I already have that?
This is Mythbuntu 10.04 and my Streamzap remote worked (before I started
all this) so I'm thinking it already has LIRC installed and I can skip
this step. Can anyone confirm?

PS. I am willing to pay someone (more knowledgeable than myself)  to
connect to my system remotely (via webex or something) and complete
these steps. I sent a request to the myth-contractors group but it seems
no one was interested.

--
Jim