[mythtv-users] Victims...... I mean Testers wanted.....HD transcode script that should keep AC3 intact if it's in the original stream.

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 12 03:55:30 UTC 2010

  On 8/11/2010 22:54, Another Sillyname wrote:
> 5.  Pulls from the mythDB ONLY the HD transmissions and presents the
> user with a list of recordings and the station that transmitted them.

As always when reading from the database, and especially when writing to
the database, make sure to check the database schema to ensure you're
working against a compatible version.

> 6.  Prefers to run the transcode on a different machine from the
> mythbackend (to reduce loading on the main box)

Does this mean you're running outside the normal MythTV jobqueue? If so,
you should be managing your own entries in `inuseprograms` to make sure
you don't conflict with anything.

> 7.  Detects and uses the maximum 'sensible' number of threads for the
> transcode, i.e. an I7 chip would utilise 6 threads.

If you simply omit any manual setting for threads, x264 will
automatically use the 'sensible' number of encoding threads, number of
cores + 1.