[mythtv-users] SOLVED PS3 doesn't see Mythtv / upnp

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 06:49:36 UTC 2010

On 11 Aug 2010, at 00:40, Josenivaldo Benito Junior wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually I do exactly this. I configured the router DHCP client to not use ISP's DNS but use OpenDNS. With this configuration the router's DHCP serve also serves the OpenDNS IPs as default DNS to all network clients.
>
> About ISP not doing a good job, my ISP weak point is the DNS. I saw and still see people complaining about service interrupts and my connection is still good as never during these periods of complaining.  Look deeply to these occasions I noticed that there were no problem with connections but problems with DNS. A normal user does not know how to distinguish between a DNS or a connection problem. During these DNS down periods my connection performs very very well since there is almost no traffic in the ISP backbone due to DNS problem, however I still can navigate since I use OpenDNS. Based on my observations I can guess few clients use alternative DNS servers over ISP suggested ones. I spread the word of use another DNS server because as you wisely said: "I prefer to use DNS from someone who sees it as a primary function"

I have three hosted servers that are the domain masters for a few of my domains and some customers too, I use these and with a local caching server, they work quickly and if there is a problem I know who to blame ;-)

The gripes I hear about my ISP are always DNS, DHCP & NAT with their supplied router, all three are services I never use so I never have the problems.

Andre