[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Channel Changing Inquiry

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Aug 11 01:18:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Christian Szpilfogel
<chrisznews4 at rogers.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2010 9:05 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:
>> I also recommend using the '-g GUID' option since if either the STB or
>> your backend restart the NODE can change. The GUID will also allow you
>> to control 2 different STB's, should you decide to add another one
>> later.
>>
>> One can obtain the GUID by reviewing the output of plugreport
>
> Absolutely. And depending on how predictable your USB discovery performs you
> may also have to create a udev rule for each HD-PVR so that it comes up on a
> consistent /dev device. On reboots, mine would swap every once in a while
> between video0 and video1 which of course meant that I would end up changing
> the channel on one device and record from the other!

For what its worth, on a Fedora 13 host, out of the box, I have:

$ ls -l /dev/v4l/by-id/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Aug  6 00:45
usb-AMBA_Hauppauge_HD_PVR_00A21089-video-index0 -> ../../video0

The 00A21089 part is the unit's serial number.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com