[mythtv-users] A good front end machine available in Brazil.

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Aug 10 23:34:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Josenivaldo Benito Junior
<jrbenito at benito.qsl.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there anyone from Brazil in this list? If so, what do you suggest
> (machines) as front ends? I would like something with little noisy and
> smaller than a normal PC due to living room size limitations. Any
> suggestions?

The Acer Aspire Revo that normally get suggested is as good as any -
there's usually a few on Ebay, and you can quite often pick up a cheap
refurb unit from the USA, or else hope you're covered by the free
shipping deals from the sellers in Hong Kong.

I doubt you'll find anything locally - I wouldn't bother searching
unless using Ebay is a problem for you.

You want one with at least 2GB of RAM, otherwise the BIOS won't allow
you to set 512mb aside for the graphics card, as required for VDPAU
assisted playback.

- Chris