[mythtv-users] How does mythconverg.program.videoprop get populated in the UK?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 07:19:41 UTC 2010

Hi Guys

I'm trying to write a script that handles HD transcoding better and
also retains AC3 audio intact.

While doing this I've identified that within the script I want to use
the mythconverg.program.videoprop field which usually should contain
the HDTV value to represent whether a program is transmitted in HD or
not.

In the UK on Freesat we currently have 4 'real' channels:-

BBC HD - Channel 10940
ITV HD - Channel 8000
STV HD - Channel 7855
Granada HD - Channel 7851

While BBC HD and Granada HD are populating the videoprop correctly
with the HDTV value, ITV HD and STV HD are only populating the field
with WIDESCREEN.  This is causing my script to not execute the way I
would wish.

Could someone please let me know is the videoprop field populated from
EIT data (as I suspect) or does it come from another source?  In other
countries does the videoprop field get populated correctly or is it
inconsistent?  (If it's inconsistent I'll have to write more into the
script to try to detect all instances of a HD transmission).

Thanks in advance.

Anthony