[mythtv-users] combined frontend/master backend can't connect to master backend server

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 05:40:01 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I tried to use my mythbox and had an error I have never seen before.
I have a single combined frontend/mbe box and when it starts up, the
screen say "Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it
running? Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?"
I get a similar issue when I go to mythweb: "Error Unable to connect
to the master backend at 127.0.0.1:6543. Is it running?"  I definitely
have the backend running and it is on the same box, so the IP should
work (I have never had this issue with the backend running before and
have been using since .14, so although it would probably be better to
assign a hostname, I know that is not the issue).

I just repaired the database using the optimize script, double-checked
that the service was running, and restarted mythfrontend with the same
issue.

Any ideas?