[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Mon Aug 9 16:02:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 11:39:51AM +1200, Tortise wrote:

> Actually I've read the rest of your earlier thread and the good
> advice that's in there.   Scrub the above, I forgot about the 512M
> Video RAM requirement and it seems you only have half height bays,
> so I'd use, for example, a
> http://www.sparkle.com.tw/product_detail.asp?id=82&sub_id=311 which
> I expect includes the half height brackets.  (I have the PCI 9400GT
> equiv and it came with the brackets, also one of those would work
> for you too!)  You'd need to get something like this too http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-nVidia-YPbPr-Component-S-Video-HDTV-Adapter-/200484560406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting -- that I get this second
nvidia card, install it in my current desktop, and then the new card
gets used with my computer monitor, and the old card (on the
motherboard, has s-video out) gets used with the TV? You suggest getting
an nVidia YPbPr Component S-Video HDTV Adapter as well, which makes me
think maybe the new card would be for use with the TV? Confused! :)

Jessica