[mythtv-users] No Video playing Bluray rip (VC-1) video

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Mon Aug 9 02:37:52 UTC 2010

Hi:

I have a couple of Bluray discs that I ripped to my hard disk with
AnyDVD-HD and would like to play back with Mythtv.  When I play back the
large m2ts files with the myth internal player I get sound but no
video.  I am using VDPAU on machine with an 8800GT and have another with
a GTX275 that does the same thing.  Mplayer does the same thing when
using vdpau playback on the files.  I know that Mplayer's VC-1 playback
has issues, but I have never seen anything saying the same is true with
Myth - since I believe that they both use ffmpeg for VDPAU, I guess its
possible they will exhibit the same issues, however everything I have
read on the mythtv lists never mentions issues with BD VC-1 m2ts files.

Can anyone confirm this?

System specs

C2Q 6600 @ 3.08 Ghz
4 GB RAM
2x Nvidia 8800GT 512MB (SLI)
EVGA 780i-FTW motherboard

Mythtv from Mythbuntu autobuilds on Ubuntu Karmic

Thanks,

Rett Walters