[mythtv-users] MythSocket errors, backend unresponsive

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat Aug 7 19:58:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> Use mythtv-setup -> general to ensure that the box is talking to the
> correct place, then take a look at the mysql settings table, and in
> particular look out for duplicate instances of a 'value' field and that the
> hostname field is correct. You should also check any mysql.txt or config.xml
> files for the correct address.. and finally, check that mysql 'likes' you,
> by using the user at domain authentication for the mysql console or check the
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql/user table entries for host,user and password fields.
> phpMyAdmin is great for this if you are not comfortable using the mysql
> console and SQL commands.

can you specify the  relevant tables and fields?  I took a look and couldn't
find any duplicates or problems with the IP addresses.  Also, do you mean
mythtv at localhost for the domain?  I don't think I have a domain set up:

mythtv at tv:/mnt> mysql -u mythtv at localhost -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv at localhost'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)