[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Channel Changing Inquiry

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sat Aug 7 01:05:14 UTC 2010

On 03/08/2010 9:05 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Larry K<lunchtimelarry at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am successfully using firewire and the 6200ch script to change channels.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Johnny Walker<johnnyjboss at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I have this box too and I record using HD-PVR but I channel change
>>> using 6200c over firewire.
>>>
>>> It's your MythTv install and therefore your decision.
>>>
>>> -JohnnyJ

> I also recommend using the '-g GUID' option since if either the STB or
> your backend restart the NODE can change. The GUID will also allow you
> to control 2 different STB's, should you decide to add another one
> later.
>
> One can obtain the GUID by reviewing the output of plugreport

Absolutely. And depending on how predictable your USB discovery performs
you may also have to create a udev rule for each HD-PVR so that it comes
up on a consistent /dev device. On reboots, mine would swap every once
in a while between video0 and video1 which of course meant that I would
end up changing the channel on one device and record from the other!