[mythtv-users] Small Form Factor Frontend

David Lasker dave at altosdesign.com
Fri Aug 6 17:12:13 UTC 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, 7:45 AM, trag at io wrote:
>I was looking at this case yesterday:
>
><http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119211&cm_re=cool
ermaster_elite-_-11-119-211-_-Product>

>It appears to include a mounting bracket for the back of a VESA monitors.
>I'm not sure how that works. What if you want to use a wall mount for the
>monitor?

If you are considering that Coolermaster case, you should also look at the
M350:
http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure;jsessionid=QqfpMc7
ckKhJhJT7cgcgHX5hKWyXVvglT22xtylG4hy2hXsngKgg6nyGS8V9PTGTSZ14mjF649ylYW0vBBX
3sDGDMbJ9QkyvdMXlz8DT1sGTQnQjGF5Nt2K1pCz8T1Kw!1667985436
Combine with a Mini-ITX motherboard and Pico-PSU (or motherboard with
built-in PSU like ZOTAC IONITX-A-U) and you get a totally silent front-end
with a Vesa mount.

Be aware that neither the Coolermaster or the M350 cases allow you to use an
expansion card.

If you are willing to put up with PSU fan noise, then you can buy the
Foxconn or Revo for less money than a separate Atom/ION motherboard with
case.

Hope that helps...

Dave