[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Fri Aug 6 16:57:05 UTC 2010

So based on yesterdays input, I have a start.

I am hoping however to get just a wee bit more feedback so I can get going on this today.

1: Should I build the servers from scatch or is it always better to use a distro in the case of mythtv?

2: Back end. I mentioned that I have other servers as well and wondered whether it would be best to use a multi-cpu, big memory server which has many PCI-X slots but no AGP slot or go with the 850Mhz/512MB blades which only have one PCI slot each.

3: Can I mix distro's? For example, if I end up using say knoppmyth as the front end, would it be ok to use say mythdora for the backend?

Just hoping for a bit of clarity on these things and I can get on this.

Thanks.

Mike