[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Aug 5 19:59:49 UTC 2010

> Why would you even consider using all that old hardware?  Even a large
> chassis with 16 blades could be easily overpowered by a $600 single
> processor, 6-core desktop.  Can you even plug that blade chassis into a
> normal 15A socket?

You lost me, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I said I have these old chassis running single task services and have a lot of the blades turned off. From what I've read, it sounds like there is not a lot of processing powered required on the back end when using cards which do the encoding themselves. As to how they are connected, not sure how that plays in but everything is redundant power supplies, some are 115VAC, while some of my larger servers are quad 220VAC.