[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Aug 5 16:49:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:45:10 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
>> Rather than output on a video card, other than locally for setting up
>> etc, I would rather output all SD and any HD video to h.264 to network.
>>
> What exactly do you mean by this? That does not make sense to me.
> John

What it means is that rather than outputting video from the mythtv box itself, I would prefer to put the different video outputs as h.264 streams onto the Ethernet. This way, I could simply use a set top box and tune into what ever I want from where ever I want this is on the lan.

So, I'd like to take the output and encode it to h.264, for that purpose.