[mythtv-users] Can't get it to work

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Aug 4 23:57:33 UTC 2010

PLEASE do not top post.

On Wednesday, August 04, 2010 05:30:07 pm Mark Tiddens wrote:
> Thanks again for the discussion.  I thought "if Windows can do it, then
> Linux can do it".

The opposite is not true. Show me Windows PVR software that can flag and skip commercials, create and utilize complex
recording rules, handle most of the hardware out there and cost nothing.

> The Hauppauge Windows software works great, including
> digital and clear QAM channels up into the thousands that aren't encrypted.

There are very few unencrypted QAM channels these days, you're pretty much limited to the OTA stations and perhaps some
shopping channels. If you are really lucky you might get C-SPAN.

> So it seems like a Linux TV viewer should be able to do the same.

They can.