[mythtv-users] Trunk problems with SPDIF 5.1 / iecset data still audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:44:58 UTC 2010

Hi

On 31 July 2010 21:49, Lee Koloszyc <pantslessape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Lee Koloszyc <pantslessape at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been working the last two days on trying to fix a problem with
>> not getting 5.1 through SPDIF with trunk 25510M and AD1988
>> (snd_hda_intel) sound card, kernel 2.6.34r2
>> I think I have found the problem but I have not been able to figure
>> out a solution.
>
> Seems I needed to read the wiki a little better:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound
> The appropriately titled "How do I get 5.1 AC3 audio to work again? "
> was the key.
> I guess I missed the part about running "iecset audio off" before
> doing "iecset -x" to find the AES configuration string.  All is well
> now..

This should be completely irrelevant with the current audio code in
trunk. There should be no need to run iecset externally, and looking
at your log, it properly does so in mythtv.

If you do have to call iecset outside of mythtv to get audio, then
there's either a bug somewhere, or you haven't configured your audio
properly (e.g. didn't use one of the device automatically detected by
mythtv), which can happen if you simply upgraded to trunk without
editing the audio settings